Sunday, January 24, 2010

Eternal Flame (2004)

I see many broken plastic lighters discarded in the street. Here’s a metal one (Zippo?) that I find a few years ago. It’s inscribed with the romantic words “to my eternal flame 2004.”

Every time I see this thing I think of the Bangles song of the same name. If you are of a certain age, that song is probably stuck in your head right now. So here’s a bit of music history for you:

The Bangles - Eternal Flame from Nika Pika on Vimeo.

And while we’re at it, might as well take a moment to read the Bangles article on Wikipedia. Good stuff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bangles

This weekend, I found a dime, a spoon and some usable zip ties. I also got out for a good 10.5 mile singlespeed road ride. It almost makes up for the fact that we’re expecting a huge rainstorm tomorrow and not snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings. Thanks for commenting. Your comment will be published pending the blogger's approval.