Monday, January 4, 2010

Damn you, bikesnob!

http://http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/2010/01/tip-of-helmet-tainless-in-2010.html

I have a list of topics that I want to address in Things Found in the Street and one is the weird helmet wearing in this month’s issue of Bicycling. The snob beat me to it! Of course, he did it better than I could, but that’s why he’s the snob.

Sir, you’ve been blogging forever, or at least since the internet was invented. Can’t you leave something for a newbie?

It would have been pretty cool if I had written my post before him, though. That should be motivation to keep writing and to jump on it when inspiration strikes.

There was another incident of bikesnobnyc synchronicity last fall as well. One day I read a post on another blog that referenced Black Sheep’s 1992 hit “The Choice is Yours.” The very next day, this post appeared on the snob:

http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/2009/09/indignity-of-commuting-by-bicycle-wurst.html

It also references that work.

Is the snob some kind of megamind that can absorb the posts (and potential posts) of all bloggers?

The evidence points to “yes.”

Not much found in the street recently, except snow. I am glad to report that I at least put some bicycle tire tracks of my own in the snow – I got out for a 10 mile ride on New Year’s Day. I also took the bike out to run errands on the 2nd.

Not finding anything new is not of any consequence, anyway. I have a few years’ worth of found things to write about already. Besides, this blog isn’t intended to be a daily diary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings. Thanks for commenting. Your comment will be published pending the blogger's approval.